Career Opportunity: Finance Manager (Re-Advertisement)
The post is to be based in Yangon, open to Myanmar Nationals, and advertised globally.
Oxfam is a leading International NGO with a worldwide reputation for excellence and over 70 years of experience. It’s not unfortunate that people live in poverty. With enough wealth in this world to go around it’s unjustifiable. It’s not just their problem. It’s ours too. Our humanitarian, development and campaigning projects change lives around the world, and with the right support, we can beat poverty and injustice. Thousands of people already commit their time and talents to our campaigning, humanitarian and long-term development projects. Now we’re looking for yours.
The role: To provide high quality financial management and support to all programme areas
Level: National, C2
Employment term: Open - ended
Report to: Director of Operations
Staff reporting to this post: Assistant Finance Manager and Finance Officers
What we offer: Respectful and empowered working environment, Life insurance, Medical+ dental + optical benefits,
Competitive salary and Career advancement opportunities,
Generous leave entitlement
- To ensure that Oxfam financial procedures are followed in emergency and non-emergency programmes, and systems are developed to accommodate the needs of those programmes.
- To report regularly on the financial status of the programme.
- To carry out trainings and briefing of all staff in agreed procedures including back donor policy and procedures, conduct practical exercises in accounts preparation. This will involve travelling to Oxfam’s project locations and partner projects location.
- To work with logistics staff to ensure logistics systems adhere to Finance’s minimum standards.
- Specific duties will include oversight and supervision of; preparation of budgets; authorisation of payments; maintenance of cash and bank books; preparation of monthly accounting returns; quarterly financial report; yearend report; budget pack production preparation of timely management information; security of cash, stock and capital assets; purchasing and stock systems; monitoring budgets; reporting to donors.
- To assist in the development and appraisal of new projects including the proposal and budget of the partner agencies.
- To ensure and finalise regular financial reports as required by managers and the Regional Centre.
- To assist budget holders in preparation of the budget for the Myanmar programme and monitor it regularly and report variances in in MLT. Assist Managers in regular forecasting of budget utilisation and in effectively managing the resources for the programme.
- To forecast expenditure level and requisition funds from Regional Centre to meet the programme needs.
- To assist budget holders on quality donor budget and prepare quality donor Financial reports
- To introduce Finance Management skills in Programme Administration.
- To exercise all internal controls for effective running of the programme.
- To lead the country programme team on financial and project administration policy and procedures; and ensure that authorisation limits and procurement levels are in place.
- To ensure managers have up to date financial information, that budget accuracy are verified and ensure that all financial reporting requirements are being adhered to and met in an efficient and effective manner
- Manage the performance of staff in line with Oxfam policies, ensuring that they are well supported, led and evaluated against agreed objectives while building their capacity to become independent in their roles and responsibilities.
- To perform monitoring visits to both Oxfam field offices and partner field offices.
- To accommodate internal and external audit visits.
- To support and guide country management team in financial matters.
- To coordinate with funding team in donor contract management.
- To provide necessary analysis and highlight financial status to line manager and Myanmar leadership team as required and instructed by line manager.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
- B.COM CPA / ACCA or Master degree holder with a minimum of 5 years experience in Financial Management position(Part Qualified or Qualified by experience can substitute)
- Relevant experience within a non-profit / NGO / Funded organization is preferential
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Proven knowledge of computerised systems and demonstrable experience of working with computerised accounting packages and spreadsheets
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to produce quality financial management information and recommend suitable courses of action.
- Ability to monitor donor contracts and produce requisite high quality and timely reports
- Ability to work independently and prioritise effectively to achieve results
- The ability to lead and manage a (small) team
- Sympathy with the aims and objectives of Oxfam and commitment to Oxfam’s equal opportunity and gender policies.
Closing date: 16th November 2016, 5:00 PM
How to apply: Please state applied position in email subject line and send to Human Resources Department through firstname.lastname@example.org
Oxfam office, No. 34, Corner of Aung Taw Mu Street and Golden Hill Avenue Street, Golden Valley Ward 2, Bahan Township, Yangon, Myanmar.
Phone: +95 (0)1 539986, 539987, 539958, 539189 and 504918