Finance and Administrative Officer
The post is to be based in Kyauk Phyu and opened to Myanmar National and advertised nationwide.
The role: To be responsible and accountable for the day-to-day operation related to a defined accounting area. To provide financial support function to the project team, field offices and response activities.
Level: National, D2
Employment term: Fixed-term (until 19th February 2018)
Report to: Programme Manager (Kyauk Phyu)
Staff reporting to this post: Cleaner
What we offer: Respectful and empowered working environment,
Life insurance, Medical+ dental + optical benefits,
Competitive salary and Career advancement opportunities,
Generous leave entitlement
- To be responsible for managing and securing of cash including request for top up, transfer, transportation and storage.
- To be responsible for providing financial management information in the field office and to work with managers to ensure financial procedures and systems are followed
- To verify and ensure all payment requests have the necessary documentation and approvals before processing the payment.
- Maintain and update financial record/data of the project.
- Accurate and timely data entry of receipts and preparation of monthly accounts and submission to the Programme Manager (PM), Rakhine and the Yangon office
- Prepare and request field office expenses according to timely and accurate forecasts
- Responsible for timely cash disbursement of field office expenses
- Assist in the planning, organisation and execution of the statutory requirements and audit process for the office in coordination with the Finance Manager
- To ensure the implementation of Oxfam’s gender and diversity policies in all aspects of finance policy and practice.
- Prepare monthly report on all financial and administrative activities and report to the PM
- To participate effectively in team meetings sharing financial updates
- Provide necessary support to the PM/Finance Manager on project related financial matters.
- Provide support by undertaking any other additional functions as delegated by the PM
- Provide basic financial management trianing to CMC and camp volunteers
- Provide financial capacity building support to partner staff (YSA).
- Ensure necessary administrative support is provided for smooth running of the office and any action needed in timely manner.
- Assist and support to PM ensuring good relationships and collaboration with local authorities and line departments.
- Supervise and support E and F level staff to carry out administrative activities efficiently.
- Provide leadership and management to the E and F level staff, including performance management and capacity building support.
Human Resources Activities
- Support the Rakhine field office by providing necessary support in recruitment and selection, induction, performance management and other workplace issues with the support of Yangon HR.
- Support the team to ensure Oxfam Human Resource Policy and procedures are implemented in the field office.
- Perform HR tasks such in line with Oxfam standards guidelines such as Payroll preparation, monthly reports and file management of personnel, recruitment and leave records etc.
- Verify medical reimbursement and liaise with Yangon HR.
- Monitoring probation periods and follow up
- Provide regular reports and necessary information upon request to line manager and Yangon HR.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree holder with two years proven experience on financial skills
- Ability to implement Oxfam's financial policy and procedures
- Ability to use judgement on routine functions, and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritise own workload, to work independently and to work to meet deadlines.
- Diplomacy, negotiation and good interpersonal skills, together with the capacity to remain calm under pressure and not lose sight of priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple requests and to liaise with different teams/ activities.
- Proven ability to be flexible in demanding situations and able to work in a multi culture environment.
- Well developed coordination skills within and across the team
- Knowledge and experience of using of MS Word, Excel, standard finance software, email and Internet
- Work flexible working hours as required.
- Good communication skills particularly in Myanmar language.
- Good spoken and written English will be an asset.
- Committed to equal opportunities (e.g. gender, race, disability).
- Understanding of and commitment to humanitarian work.
Closing date: 10th March 2017, 5:00 PM
How to apply: Please state applied position in email subject line and send to Human Resources Department through email@example.com (OR)
Oxfam office, No. 34, Corner of Aung Taw Mu Street and Golden Hill Avenue Street, Golden Valley Ward 2, Bahan Township, Yangon, Myanmar.