The post is to be based in Yangon and opened to Myanmar Nationals and advertised nationwide.
The role: To manage the financial aspect of the project ‘’Promoting Peace and Development in Kachin’’ being largely funded by EU in Myanmar. The project is led by Oxfam with 6 other national and international NGO partners namely SwissAid, Trocaire, Metta, KMSS, KBC and Shalom.
Level: National, D1
Employment term: Fixed Term (until 31st July 2018)
Report to: Assistant Finance Manager with matrix managed by Programme Manager (EU Programme)
What we offer: Respectful and empowered working environment, Life insurance, Medical+ dental + optical benefits, Competitive salary and Career advancement opportunities, Generous leave entitlement
- Advise all 6 consortium members on contact compliance after reviewing their financial policies, procedures and management so that they can make the proper adjustments in order to be compliant with the EC and Oxfam compliance procedures.
- Monitors budget expenditure of Oxfam and consortium members on a regular and at minimum quarterly basis
- Assesses and appraises the financial reports and audits of partners, communicates on the findings with the programme manager to partners, and where necessary makes proposals for follow-up.
- Quarterly check of supporting documentation at Field and Yangon level for Oxfam plus 2 Third Parties, plus 6 partners and their Third Parties (additional 16 organizations).
- Individual feedback to partners based on document check on quarterly financial report for report improvement, quarterly assessment of partners’ progress in the SAP system.
- Corrects and consolidates financial reports from all 6 partners as well as Oxfam in Myanmar and Oxfam Novib head office into one report and reports to PM, PMC,SC, and Oxfam Novib Head Office.
- Reports to and advises Program Manager, PMC,SC and Oxfam Novib Head Office on progress in spending, financial management and risk issues.
- Ensure financial report is complete and accurate according to back donor standards while also applying Oxfam policy; lead any follow up regarding inquiries and questions from the donor in order to ensure approval of reports.
- Prepare expenditure plan for the activities planned by Oxfam together with Programme Management Unit.
- Consolidate budget plan of consortium members on a half-yearly basis.
- Proactively propose budget utilisation for individual partners and for shifts between partners.
- Pro-actively advise on budget management to PM, PMC and SC.
- Oversight of the Oxfam Novib project bank balance and budget and ensure fund request to the donor are submitted in a timely manner and followed up so that Oxfam is not forwarding money to partners.
- Supervise and check the Finance and Admin Officer to prepare the monthly Income Statement based on GL as well as internal accounting control and submit to ONL and ensure all requirement documents are completed.
- Supervise the Finance and Admin Officer on preparation of monthly Budget Vs Actual system of Oxfam DPP and finalize and submit to PM in order to keep closer track of the financial monitoring and compliance on expenditure.
- Budget tracking for partners on a quarterly basis (budget vs. actual) finalize and submit to PM and PMC in order to keep closer track of the financial monitoring and compliance on expenditure according to partner Financial Agreements
- Monitor contractual deadlines with Programme Management Unit and partners.
- Ensure procurement rules are followed by consortium members according to the EU guideline on procurement.
- Organise and lead the regular Expenditure Verification Reports (annual basis) and final Audit of the whole project by drawing up the ToR, the process of hiring auditor and providing necessary support to the auditors including Audit field visit.
- Maintain good coordination with Oxfam, consortium members and third party organizations and Audit during EVR process.
- Contributes to financial management/policy by giving advice and feedback on quality of performance during EVR and Audit, seeks opportunities for getting advice on financial management and advises on the quality of financial transactions.
- Updates grant information in Adobe (Donor information, tranches received etc).
- Performs financial risk assessment of the project as a whole, for reporting, planning and overall accountability, and propose risk mitigating measures.
- Use knowledge of Financial Agreements as a basis for basic risk monitoring for the programme.
- Carry out financial/ compliance risk assessment of financial and organizational systems of consortium members according to Oxfam’s partner assessment tools, in line with EU requirements including regular update of RAMON according to Oxfam standard.
- Perform regular financial risk monitoring of consortium members and provide timely advice to the Program Manager, Steering Committee and implementing partners in order to perform financial risk assessment of the project as a whole and propose risk mitigating measures.
- Maintain relationship with financial staff of consortium members for coordination, planning and monitoring.
- Maintain relationship with other Oxfam financial staff in Myanmar for joint learning and coherent approach to EU compliance.
- Provide training and coaching to financial staff of Oxfam and consortium members as and when necessary on Oxfam and EU guidelines and financial procedures in order to fulfill requirements and reduce risks of ineligible costs.
- Supervise and build up capacity of the Finance & Admin Officer and Finance Assistant especially in financial and budget management.
- Train PMU and PMC on back donor compliance.
- Handling specific queries by partners, donor, SC, PMC and Oxfam Novib Head Office.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
- Appropriate Bachelor and Master Education; part-qualified level with proven accounting experience an advantage
- Experience in similar field, at least 5 years
- Experience in working in externally funded multi dimensional development projects
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to plan comprehensively, set priorities, and manage multiple project element deadlines efficiently.
- Experience in training and capacity building of staff. Ability to implement Oxfam's guidelines for reporting and general conditions and good practice/systems
- Good computer skills, especially in e-mails, internet, word processing and spread sheets essential
- Ability to manage multiple requests and to liaise with several different HQ departments.
- Good written and spoken communication skills in English.
- Ability to use judgement on routine functions, and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure, particularly during humanitarian emergencies when the transactions are scaled up significantly
- Ability to prioritise own workload, to work independently and to meet deadlines.
- Previous work experience ideally with non-government organisations would be an advantage.
- Well developed interpersonal and team skills and proven ability to be flexible in demanding situations.
- Demonstrated commitment to gender and diversity issues.
- Previous experience in EU funded project is an advantage
- Previous experience in SAP is an advantage
- Experience in the administration of international development grants is considered an asset.
Closing date: 20th January 2017, 5:00 PM
How to apply: Please state applied position in email subject line and send CV and Cover Letter to Human Resources Department through email@example.com (OR)
Oxfam office, No. 34, Corner of Aung Taw Mu Street and Golden Hill Avenue Street, Golden Valley Ward 2, Bahan Township, Yangon, Myanmar.