Human Resources Officer
The post is to be based in Sittwe and opened to Myanmar Nationals and advertised nationwide.
The role: To ensure Oxfam has the management, technical and human resources and capacity to strengthen Oxfam's humanitarian response in the Rakhine State mainly in the areas where Oxfam operates from Sittwe office.
Level: National, D2
Employment term: Fixed – Term (until 31st July 2017)
Report to: Program Manager (Sittwe) and matrix managed by Senior HR Officer
What we offer: Career advancement opportunities, Respectful and empowered working environment, Life insurance, Medical+ dental + optical benefits, Generous leave entitlement
- Responsible for Rakhine recruitment and selection process (placing adverts, downloading application, chasing references, arranging short-listing and interview packs; contacting candidates and panels).
- Advice and give technical / administrative support to managers and staff to ensure Oxfam Human Resource Policies and Procedures are implemented in the project.
- Ensure casual labour contracts and payments are in line with policy and procedure.
- Verify medical expenses claims querying any anomalies against procedure. Liaise with internal and external stakeholder (Cigna International, credit hospitals and clinics, etc) whenever necessary.
- Replenish drugs and medical materials in first-aid kits & ensure there is STD prevention materials are in the right place in Sittwe office and staff houses
- Support the teams in the delivery of a health and safety culture within the organisation.
- Monitor staff’s leave and verify the Rakhine staffs’ R&R and benefit related expenses.
- Ensure proper leaver process in field offices including provision of the end of contract benefits and provide the completed leaver documents to Senior HR Officer in timely manner.
- Ensure all HR related documents including personal files are in appropriate filling system both electronically and manual files according to guideline.
- Prepare and calculate Rakhine staffs’ salary and income tax in timely manner
- Update Rakhine organogram and staff database regularly.
- Support the performance management (i.e. Objective Setting, Probation end and Performance review) under the guidance of Senior HR Officer from Yangon.
- Provide regular reports and necessary information upon request to line manager and monthly report to Yangon HR (leave record, Health & Safety, Recruitment, Staff Database)
- Support the implementation of Oxfam’s gender, diversity and HIV/ AIDS policies in all aspects of human resource policy and practice
- Other duties assigned by Area Manager, Program Manager (Sittwe) and Senior HR Officer.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
Any degree holder, preferred specific qualification in human resources management.
- Able to write HR related letters and basic reports
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Good computer knowledge in databases, Microsoft Office applications.
- Previous experience (at least 3 years) in human resource management, either in INGO, Local NGO or in private company.
- Have a good communication skills and adaptability to the diverse and difficult circumstances.
- Able to work under pressure, prioritise routine and ad hoc tasks, meet the deadline and manage time properly.
- Able to work independently as well in a team in a multi-cultural working environment.
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude, and reliable in keeping confidentiality.
- Understanding on the principles of employment practice and law.
- Willingness to travel extensively.
- Overcomes challenges, despite hurdles, and resolves challenges consistent with Oxfam’s values and ways of working.
Closing date: 6 th February 2017, 5:00 PM
How to apply: Please state applied position in email subject line and send CV and cover letter to Human Resources Department through firstname.lastname@example.org (OR) Oxfam office, No. 34, Corner of Aung Taw Mu Street and Golden Hill Avenue Street, Golden Valley Ward 2, Bahan Township, Yangon, Myanmar.