Emergency Food Security and Vulnerable Livelihoods Officer
The post is to be based in Kyauk Taw and opened to Myanmar National and advertised nationwide.
Strategic Direction and Programme implementation:
1. Provide technical input to the implementation of the food security/livelihoods component of the programme
2. Provide regular updates on the overall food security and livelihoods situation, including areas of food access & availability, food aid if required, market access and assessment, coping strategies, livestock and agriculture.
3. Provide on-going food security and livelihood updates to link in to any Myanmar programme advocacy strategy and messages on protracted crises and long-term programming.
4. Ensure support to help kick start the intervention through support in developing new proposals, setting up of implementation and activity plans.
5. Monitor the changing external environment within the programme area
6. Support the EFSVL team leader as required (TBC).
1. Produce regular reports to the EFSVL team leader on food security and livelihoods activities.
2. Ensure effective communication systems are maintained between the food security/livelihoods team and other units within the programme.
3. Represent Oxfam at certain meetings involving local government and sector ministries.
4. Ensure adequate technical support to the food security/livelihoods activities and monitoring staff.
5. Ensure coordination and avoiding duplication with other EFSVL actors including local government and ministries present in the area.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
- A degree or equivalent in Social Sciences, Business, Development, Food Security, Agronomy or related fields
- Demonstrable experience of implementing distribution programmes, monitoring food security situation, livelihood strategy development and support
- Emergency experience essential, ideally with an NGO, with proven application at field level
- Proven and diverse experience of design and implementation of food security interventions or similar in humanitarian contexts (sudden-onset i.e. floods and chronic crisis i.e. displacement). Ideally this will include experience of programming with market assessments, and food security outcomes and of working with rural communities or restricted communities
- An understanding of linking humanitarian programme design with longer-term community-based institution building and livelihoods approaches
- Strong analytical skills demonstrated through proven experience in establishing relevant project monitoring systems, assessment design and contributing to proposal development where relevant
- Appreciation for gender and diversity in emergency response programmes.
- Proven ability to analyse complex humanitarian contexts, monitor change and translate into appropriate strategic planning and advocacy.
- Training and counterpart development skill
- Demonstrated collaborative approach including working with Government officials with good negotiation skills, diplomacy and tact,
- Well developed interpersonal and team skills and proven ability to be flexible in demanding situation
- Good written and spoken English essential
Closing date: 10th October 2016, 5:00 PM
Early application is encouraged as this post is urgently required and Oxfam reserves the right to carry out interview process as soon as we identified appointable person.
How to apply: Please state applied position in email subject line and send to Human Resources Department through firstname.lastname@example.org