Project Manager (Decent Work) (Re Advertisement)
The post is to be based in Yangon and opened for Myanmar National and advertised Nationwide.
The role: To manage Oxfam in Myanmar’s contributions to a project called the Workforce Disclosure Initiative under the Economic Justice programme. This initiative, led by UK NGO Share Action in partnership with Oxfam, seeks to improve the quality of jobs in supply chains linked to the UK market, by asking companies to disclose more information about the jobs they provide. This includes people in Myanmar working for companies which supply goods or services to the UK market.
Level: National, D1
Employment term: Fixed – Term (1st April 2017 until 31st March 2019)
Salary Range: Est. 1,090,000 ~ 1,500,000 MMK per month
Report to: Economic Justice Lead and matrix line management by Global Project Manager based in Oxford, UK.
What we offer: Respectful and empowered working environment,
Life insurance, Medical+ dental + optical benefits,
Competitive salary and Career advancement opportunities
Generous leave entitlement
Plans and manages resources and project activities related to this programme of work including;
- Contributing to global research on the selected UK (FTSE 100) company operations in Myanmar and Tanzania
- Building relationships with allies (trade unions, labour associations and other NGOs working on these issues) in country
- Tracking progress and challenges on decent work in Myanmar
- Policy analysis to support national to global advocacy on evidence related to decent work challenges in Myanmar
- Building relationships with decision makers at national level in Myanmar to feed up evidence on decent work challenges emerging through the project
- Collect information and generating evidence including written and video case studies of challenges on transparency / decent work on global supply chains in Myanmar
- Feeding up this info and the evidence to the global Oxfam team and Share Action to share with their company partners on the FTSE 100 index (of which there will be 65)
- Running one stakeholder engagement event to introduce the programme in year 1
- Feeding into the global research materials (surveys)
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
- Experience of project management and project evaluation.
- Experience of working with the private sector.
- Capacity to establish working relationships with various actors (e.g. private sector, government, workers, CSOs).
- Experience of evidence gathering (e.g. through research / documentation channels).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and inter-personal skills including good spoken English.
- Numerical reasoning skills and experience of financial administration.
- Organizes work effectively, drive to achieve results, critical information gathering, adaptable and flexible.
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly to project sites.
- Experience of advocacy and policy analysis/influencing others.
- Understanding of workers’ rights issues/ ‘decent work’ in Myanmar and/or global supply chains.
Closing date: 14th March 2017, 5:00 PM
How to apply: Please state applied position in email subject line and send to
Human Resources Department through firstname.lastname@example.org (OR) Oxfam office, No. 34, Corner of Aung Taw Mu Street and Golden Hill Avenue Street, Golden Valley Ward 2, Bahan Township, Yangon, Myanmar.