Training Facilitator for Gender Responsive Budgeting
Location: Yangon, Myanmar
Purpose of the Training:
- Women and men leaders from civil society have better knowledge and understanding and have a clear picture of what gender responsive budgeting could look like at the national level.
- Women and men leaders from civil society are able to give trainings to other relevant stakeholders (parliamentarians, local government officials, local NGOs, village development administrators, community)
Training to Civil Society Leaders will be conducted in Yangon. The consultant selected will develop the methodology and agenda of the training in consultation with the Gender Policy Advisor and Women Leadership Programme Manager. The content of the training must reflect the Objective of the training in session I. The consultant will write up a training report summarizing the training and lessons learnt
- The training will take up to 3 days on 5th – 7th December 2016 in Yangon. 5 Days for preparation and final reporting will be additional to these 3 days.
- The consultant selected will submit a draft methodology and agenda 2 weeks before the training dates and all the presentations, handouts or other materials that are used in the training will be submitted 4 days before the training.
- Reporting: the training report will be submitted no more than 30 days after the training.
- Consultant will be based anywhere during preparation and reporting period.
Required skills and experiences of Consultant
An experienced facilitator, highly skilled in facilitation with knowledge on gender responsive budgeting will be required for the deliverables of this TOR. Specific desirable skills are the following;
- At least 5 years experience of working in international development, gender and women rights.
- A Masters Degree or equivalent relevant to gender, economics or other relevant social sciences.
- Demonstrated experience in gender responsive budgeting including delivering trainings for CSO leaders (women and men).
- Fluency in English with clear oral and excellent written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Capacity to demonstrate creative thinking and with strong commitments.
- Have ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues.
How to apply and Submission of Expression of Interest:
Oxfam invites Expression of Interest (EOI) from consultants with experience and skills described above. The EOI must include:
- A cover letter of not more than 2-pages stipulating how the experience, skills and competencies of the consultant make them suitable for the role
- One sample of previous work in this area conducted by the consultant
- Consultant’s CV
- Fee proposal
Interested organisation / individual should send their proposal to Oxfam Myanmar not later than 5:00 PM of 12th October 2016 to: Human Resources Department by email firstname.lastname@example.org (OR) No 34, Corner of Aung Taw Mu Lane and Golden Hill Avenue Rd, Golden Valley Ward. Bahan Township. Yangon. Myanmar
Tel: 95-1 539986, 539987, 539958, 539189, 504918