Oxfam in Myanmar has set following approaches to bring about the change we want to see in Myanmar. These approaches cut across Oxfam in Myanmar's thematic programmes of work.
- Transformative Partnership: OiM is committed to supporting and investing in local leadership, skills and capacities, and creating spaces for local organisations.
- Feminist Approach: Oxfam applies a feminist approach to all our work and is committed to challenge patriarchy and promote gender justice, through an intersectional lens.
- Safe Programming Approach: All programmes and activities must include proactive measures to ensure we do not inadvertently cause harm to people, nor undermine the values, standards and norms that underpin our work.
- Rights-Based Approach: We promote and champion the rights of people and empower and support them.
- Influencing Approach: Locally-led influencing is a key component across all OiM programmes working to bring about change at scale; we both embed our influencing approach in all our programme work and in turn have our programming inform our influencing work and strategies.
- Conflict Sensitivity Approach: A conflict-sensitive approach is applied to all OiM programmes, from the designing stage onwards, ensuring conflict-sensitivity assessments/ risk analyses are undertaken, to avoid possible harm to the vulnerable communities we work with.
- Technology and Innovative Approach: Digital and data protection has become crucial to Oxfam, to ensure OiM staff and partners are able to carry out our work especially due to the result of Covid-19 pandemic.